View Single Post
Old April 20th, 2012, 11:01 AM   #30
mschaffer66

rac·ism   [rey-siz-uhm] Show IPA
noun
a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

Can we get that changed to:

rac·ism   [rey-siz-uhm] Show IPA
noun
a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior to African-Americans and has the right to rule African-Americans.
a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination against African-Americans.
hatred or intolerance of African-Americans.

I just find it confusing that racism, prejudice, and stereotyping has basically become Anti-Black. It seems that quite often some people that are quick to judge and call others racists have no qualms about making the same jokes, comments, or judgments about the gays, Mexicans, Jews, Arabs, Polish, Asians, etc... that they find fault in others for.

As for the comment about the 5 black guys... I've found that for the most part the black people in our area appear to be a lot more upstanding people than the majority of the young Chaldean gangster, bad ass wannabees. And it seems like the majority of our crimes are committed by spoiled, bored, ill behaved white children. So to answer the whole 5 black dudes question I wouldn't have any issues with them unless they were being asshats and causing issues.
mschaffer66 is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04364 seconds with 11 queries