Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 2005 Jeep Unlimited (LJ) "Slow Roast" build
View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2012, 09:47 PM   #195
1x1_Speed_Craig
Simplify...

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

The LJ is coming along!

First of all, the used Warn 8274 will be getting a brand new cable, along with a new 4.5-hp. motor. Based on its reputation, it should give me many, many years of trouble-free service.

The skid plate & long arm brackets are now powdercoated & installed, and the control arms are 75% painted (stealthy black). The stuff is looking much better now! I'll be finishing up the control arms tomorrow night, with the exception of the upper fronts, which will be painted after the steering/track bar set-up is designed & built.

I started test-fitting the Rokmen aluminum corner armor, along with the AEV rear flares. The flares will be painted the same silver body color (hood & front fenders are going into the body shop tomorrow to start being cut in). We were strategizing (I'm copywriting that word...LOL) on how to trim the corners to accommodate the flare without a gap at the transition to the body. We think we have a solution. More to come.
1x1_Speed_Craig is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07687 seconds with 20 queries