Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 2005 Jeep Unlimited (LJ) "Slow Roast" build
View Single Post
Old April 14th, 2012, 06:14 AM   #194
1x1_Speed_Craig
Simplify...

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepMann View Post
Looking great Craig!
Thanks Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn View Post
I like the rear spring bucket relocation. I'm actually going to look into those brackets for mine.

OME springs still? Do you need to add a spacer in the rear after relocating spring bucket to level things out?

How bad was modifying the inner fender supports for the AEV kit? Looks pretty straight forward, but haven't taken mine apart yet.
The spring relocation kit is nice piece, and I have nothing but good things to say about Rokmen products. It is not supposed to add any lift, which is why I went with this set-up. We haven't had the vehicle back on its own weight to confirm yet (it's still on the lift), but it should be the same level ride as before the relocation. And yes, the OME springs are used front & rear.

The AEV inner fender support mod is an easy one with a welder & grinder. It's a 2-3 hour job, and I'm slow/picky. Of course, I welded/filled/ground down the seam on the outside for a more factory look (NOTE: Nobody's going to see them). The fit of my replacement brackets to the firewall was a little off. I just had to ovalize the holes that mount to the firewall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmanxj5011 View Post
Is the purpose of the pinion brake just to replace a parking brake at the rear axle?
Exactly

Last edited by 1x1_Speed_Craig; April 14th, 2012 at 06:20 AM.
1x1_Speed_Craig is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.40829 seconds with 20 queries