Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Smittybuilt Xrc Bumpers
View Single Post
Old April 11th, 2012, 06:09 PM   #11
grnd93

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334185329.440710.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	91395Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334185447.700645.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	91396If the carrier got banged into a tree it may do some damage, but I would imagine most on the market would as well. The bumpers themselves I would have no issue smacking them up against a rock or tree.

I had a friend make that part for me, so it was free...if I can catch him when he isn't out on the road I could probably get another. If you get the XRC it may not even use the same latch, I'm not sure what the differences are

In the first pic you see what I feel is the biggest downfall of their design. I would prefer a spindle/bearing setup, but of course that's more money.
The second pic is just a general pic of their latch. Pull the safety pin and lift up the lever. You can see the white run block under the lever. It keeps the whole thing from bouncing around too much.

One other thing you may consider if you use the SRC is welding block off plates over the ends. They come open from the factory so mud and salt can get inside. I make it a point to flush mine thoroughly when I wash it . It also made it easy to run wires for the 6 pin trailer plug that I mounted in the bumper.
grnd93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06561 seconds with 21 queries