Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Smittybuilt Xrc Bumpers
View Single Post
Old April 11th, 2012, 12:34 PM   #10
wadey
┌∩┐(_)┌∩┐

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnd93 View Post
Attachment 91364

Welds seem ok to me...overall quality is fine. The latch for the swing out is pretty basic. If I had any complaint it would be the design of the swing out in general...nothing particularly bad about it, just would like to see some more strength in it.

The rear bolts to the rear crossmember in 8 spots, the 4 outboard ones use existing holes, the other 4 you have to drill. It also bolts underneath to the frame. Seems solid enough, and the hitch is supposed to be rated for 5000lbs. They include some plates to help spread the load where the crossmember bolts go, and you could always use frame tie ins to beef it up more. I'd have to say for the price it's a good deal.

In the pic the black one is the one that broke...had the white made as a replacement. It's just a rub block for the bottom of the swing out latch, but without it the arm can bounce around and come unlatched.

Ok, that sound sufficient, especially for the price. How do you feel about sliding into a tree, or catching it coming off a rock with the tire carrier? That would be the main concern as it could crush the tub.

As for the plastic piece you had made, how much did that run you? And could you ever get another one made?
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08717 seconds with 20 queries