Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Smittybuilt Xrc Bumpers
View Single Post
Old April 11th, 2012, 01:23 PM   #9
grnd93

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334164659.629839.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	91364
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadey View Post
Do you have a pic of the broken plastic part? Your opinion on the latch/swing out. Do the frame mounts seem up to par? Also how does the over quality seem? Chincy, poor welds, good, bad, ugly? ect

Thanks
Welds seem ok to me...overall quality is fine. The latch for the swing out is pretty basic. If I had any complaint it would be the design of the swing out in general...nothing particularly bad about it, just would like to see some more strength in it.

The rear bolts to the rear crossmember in 8 spots, the 4 outboard ones use existing holes, the other 4 you have to drill. It also bolts underneath to the frame. Seems solid enough, and the hitch is supposed to be rated for 5000lbs. They include some plates to help spread the load where the crossmember bolts go, and you could always use frame tie ins to beef it up more. I'd have to say for the price it's a good deal.

In the pic the black one is the one that broke...had the white made as a replacement. It's just a rub block for the bottom of the swing out latch, but without it the arm can bounce around and come unlatched.
grnd93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06629 seconds with 21 queries