Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - $8k to spend on Wrangler (or CJ). What do you get? EDIT: Bought a TJ!
View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2012, 12:40 PM   #24
swampjeep
Swamp Stomper

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode View Post
Buy whatever you like.
Asking these dumb asses if you should get a CJ/YJ/TJ is like asking if Ford or Chevy is better.

I had a 2004 Rubicon. I liked it a lot. I also had a shit ton of $$ into it and regretted not buying a V8 YJ on 1 tons for 1/5 the price.

Also think of the type of wheeling you will be doing. If it is the sand dunes and the 2 tracks in Michigan - find a TJ and put a budget boost or 3" lift and 33's on it like mentioned before.

If you plan on doing more of the "extreme" shit, then you will need something a little more.

Mine started stock on 31's.
Went to 3" lift and 33's.
Went to 6" long arm and had 36's and 37's.

I preferred it the most on 33's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideraa View Post
good advice,

at 8k any Rubicon not wrecked is not going to happen.

I don't think he was saying "go buy a rubicon"

if Scott wants something for milder wheelin, I think a relatively stock TJ would work well, with the 3-4 inch lift, and 33's which falls pretty much what's mentioned as where solgoode said his "preferred" size was.
If looking for wild "hard core" wheeling, then I would agree to buy something like a built cj/yj but then recommend a tow vehicle too. That I don't' see happening under the 8k (truck, trailer, and trailrig)
swampjeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06587 seconds with 20 queries