Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Odd. Why isn't this getting any press?
View Single Post
Old April 9th, 2012, 02:55 PM   #19
mschaffer66

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetLeah View Post
If the "facts" are infact facts on this one...I'm not sure how it could be labled as anything other than a hate crime.

1. Black guy kills white guys father in unknown circumstances.
2. White guy posts on FB that he hates black people
3. White guy is accused of murdering/injuring several unrelated people in a killing spree---only targeting blacks.

I guess for me to call something a hate crime, race/sexual orientation/status/whatever has to be the ONLY motivation for the crime.

It appears that is the case here.

With the elderly folks, the "facts" dont lend themselves to a hate crime.

Also, hate crimes only become hate crimes if they have been commented on by the great reverand or Sharpton.

Or am I missing something here, because generally you and I see eye to eye on most things. You are just more vocal and more of a dick about things. Which is fine by me---your return to GL4x4 has secured my position outside of the top 10 GL4x4 assholes. XoXo.
I guess my comment of "Wow..." wasn't so much about like, "wow, this really wasn't a hate crime, but the black dude on the council seems to think it was", because I'm thinking along the same lines that this was probably racially motivated. I was more wowing the fact that the media made sure to get that little snippet from the councilman in there for the extra effect.
mschaffer66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.64734 seconds with 20 queries