Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 2005 Jeep Unlimited (LJ) "Slow Roast" build
View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2012, 04:27 PM   #186
1x1_Speed_Craig
Simplify...

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Winch plate is now powdercoated.

Components for flush-mount rear receiver hitch (Thanks Mike @ RockSolid Performance).

I have a Rokmen flush-mount rear bumper on order, but need a 2" receiver hitch to pull my military trailer (the Rokmen bumper doesn't have one). I carefully cut a hole in my rear crossmember, did some careful trimming back behind, and RockSolid built some adding bracing for the 2nd-to-last crossmember. The plate behind the 2nd crossmember (facing the front of the vehicle) is the secondary towing support. The U-shaped plate facing rearward will be welded in to help index the tub in the correct position, and provide additional vertical support. The 2" receiver tube will be trimmed down to fit, and will be welded to the rear bumper when it arrives. The tube will slip through the hole in the rear crossmember, and will bolt to the 2nd crossmember. The hitch pin hole will be drilled between the two crossmembers.

From the back side of the 2nd crossmember (plate will be welded in place).
1x1_Speed_Craig is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05965 seconds with 20 queries