Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Anybody out there with any sweet Bronco II pics/builds?
View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2012, 11:09 PM   #43
madscience
Ballsohardthatshitcray

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jager View Post
I have owned a 90 B2 for almost 10 years now. A DD to be sure sure. I love my rig, I get all kinds of comments on it, mostly positive. I go wheeling with a verity of 4x4s on tight, slippery, rocky trails here in the North East. I can tell you from experience, your choice of rigs is a good one. Not sure about your choice of front ends, with all the advances in parts and builds for the TTB, I'm not sure why people go SAS, but that's a personal choice, not so much a a logical one. I bought a 94 Explorer a year ago then transferred all the running gear into the B2. 4.0L, built A4LD, transfer case and 8.8 rear axle, rear springs. I grabbed a full cage off a Jeep to put inside the B2, and I have a custom front and rear bumper I mounted a 12K winch with 1/2 synthetic rope to. Dual batteries help power all the extras, they're mounted under the rear seat, drivers side to lower the CG.

With the addition of a 2" body lifts, and soon to come 4" suspension lift to accommodate my Cooper STT 33's, w/ lockers all round. This little buggy will go anywhere a Jeep or any other comparably equipped rig will go. I love the fact my AC is ice cold and my Alpine head and amp feeding kenwoods w/ twin 12" woofers, makes wheeling that much sweeter. And, as I tell my jeep friends after a rain storm, I've never forgot to put the top up, not once, lol. A big plus is every bone yard from here to Cal has thousands of Explorers I can pick through if I need anything. And LMC trucks has practically anything I could possible want to repair damage on this truck.

It sounds like your on the right heading, I hope you have smooth running and years of enjoyment in your B2.

Cheers

Jager
besides replacing the clutch, and eating up a wheel bearing,it's been pretty good to me sincie started driving it, even putting 72 miles a day on it. i think the key to it's reliability is the fact that i don't care very much about it in a visual sense. for whatevber reason, every vehicle i've ever abused the fukc out of has been super reliable. strange, huh?
madscience is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.64919 seconds with 20 queries