Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Air shock help
Thread: Air shock help
View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2012, 07:26 AM   #26
92FleXj
stacks stacked on stacks

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Back on to this now.
So my front axel is at advantage drive line getting some love.
In the mean time I have pulled my shocks off to try to get them dialed in a little better.
To start I called fox. They told me that the max amount of oil I can run is 445cc
So I drained mine and I basically was at about 390cc
I bought new oil and filled them to the max. I hope this solves my body flop issue because this sway bar sucks.
My only other option I guess is to run 4 standard shocks along with the air shocks to help stabilize. But again then I limit my travel. Or I'm spending big $ on long shocks. At that rate I could buy 2 coilovers or at least make a good dent in them.

They say that theese fox 2.0 will hold 1000lbs per corner.
Gvw of my jeep is around 4700lbs but I'd have to subtract the wheel and axel weight along with some I the suspension weight. I should be rite in the ball park.
So at max oil pressure and PUTING it at ride Hight ware I like it I hope it works this time.

My only question is this. If it does not work properly and it still flops when I'm driving strait down the road, would adding more psi help stability? I understand it will raid the truck but it takes more weight to compress higher psi. So in theory it should make it more firm? Am I wrong?
Any help would be great.

They are fox 2.0
21" body
24" eye to eye compressed
40" eye to eye extended.

These are only fronts. Rear are same but 18" and that is my next step after I get front on and done.

I'ma fuck it. You're gonna like it too.

Last edited by 92FleXj; April 6th, 2012 at 07:33 AM.
92FleXj is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05660 seconds with 20 queries