Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Willys Wagon project "Lack of shine" daily driver budget build
View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2012, 06:16 PM   #1
capone

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default Willys Wagon project "Lack of shine" daily driver budget build

Well as much as I have always loved CJ's and Wranglers I decided I wanted something a little bigger but still had a cool factor to it. I found a 1955 Willys Wagon in Southern Illinois. I bought it site on seen. It seemed to work out pretty good for me. A Big Thanks to Keith from Route55 he went and picked it up for me.

This is going to be a budget build as much as possible. The plan is to make a nice reliable driver out of it with a small lift.

350 Vortec/700r4/241 for it.

Axles TJ dana 30 and an Explorer 8.8 with disc brakes.

Set of YJ 3.5 bds springs for the front. I'm still in search for a set of lift spring off a XJ for the rear.

So far everything I bought for it has been from someone on here.

So far I pulled the stock drivetrain. In the next few days I should have the brake booster, master cylinder and brake pedal hung. Then I'm going to start extended and boxing the front frame to accept the longer YJ springs. Hopefully after that is done it all should start to come together.

Here's a picture the previous owner sent me.

Here's a few pictures of it sitting in my Driveway

In the end I would like it to look similar to this one. But different roof rack, grill guard no snorkel.

Last edited by capone; December 2nd, 2012 at 01:15 PM.
capone is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05418 seconds with 20 queries