View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2012, 08:18 PM   #1
autoadhd
Senior Member
 
autoadhd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-03-09
Location: Eagle MI
Posts: 451
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default first tj build.and its been HELL!

so it started out a month ago as a non running clean jeep i bought at the auction.got it home and found that it was flooded out really bad and had no spark.find that the one of the cap screws were broke off and the cap and roter were all rusty.cleaned it up and fired right up.body looked great so i bought a 3.5 rubicon express super flex lift for it to get started.got it up on the hoist and started to take her apart.had lots of rust proofing on the frame i wanted to take off and thats when we started to find all the cardboard and silicon patches in the frame.we started patching it and more and more holes came up so i gave up and started looking for a new frame.ended up getting one i flint at mikes auto that was in like new shape out of a theft recovery.got the frame home and painted it with oil base paint and added a few more drain holes in it.tore the old frame and started mocking up the new one.found that rear axle was shot so bought a axle from another member on here.gas tank skid was junk so again another member sold me a very nice one today and saved me there.oil base painted the under side of tub and put it on nice and thick to stop future rust on that also.installed new clutch while it was out.bought full exaust for it.all new gaskets,fluids,brakes,u joints etc.got a 1" body lift to clear 35"s.looking for rear armor and bought tube front fenders by smitty built off ebay yesterday.so its just bumpers,wheels and tires and some more work and it should be ready in a couple weeks!will keep pics until its finished.

one of the rust patches!!


the junk frame out

Last edited by autoadhd; March 31st, 2012 at 08:29 PM.
autoadhd is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Page generated in 0.05882 seconds with 11 queries