Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Anybody out there with any sweet Bronco II pics/builds?
View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2012, 10:59 AM   #42
Jager
Inspector

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I have owned a 90 B2 for almost 10 years now. A DD to be sure sure. I love my rig, I get all kinds of comments on it, mostly positive. I go wheeling with a verity of 4x4s on tight, slippery, rocky trails here in the North East. I can tell you from experience, your choice of rigs is a good one. Not sure about your choice of front ends, with all the advances in parts and builds for the TTB, I'm not sure why people go SAS, but that's a personal choice, not so much a a logical one. I bought a 94 Explorer a year ago then transferred all the running gear into the B2. 4.0L, built A4LD, transfer case and 8.8 rear axle, rear springs. I grabbed a full cage off a Jeep to put inside the B2, and I have a custom front and rear bumper I mounted a 12K winch with 1/2 synthetic rope to. Dual batteries help power all the extras, they're mounted under the rear seat, drivers side to lower the CG.

With the addition of a 2" body lifts, and soon to come 4" suspension lift to accommodate my Cooper STT 33's, w/ lockers all round. This little buggy will go anywhere a Jeep or any other comparably equipped rig will go. I love the fact my AC is ice cold and my Alpine head and amp feeding kenwoods w/ twin 12" woofers, makes wheeling that much sweeter. And, as I tell my jeep friends after a rain storm, I've never forgot to put the top up, not once, lol. A big plus is every bone yard from here to Cal has thousands of Explorers I can pick through if I need anything. And LMC trucks has practically anything I could possible want to repair damage on this truck.

It sounds like your on the right heading, I hope you have smooth running and years of enjoyment in your B2.

Cheers

Jager

Last edited by Jager; March 29th, 2012 at 11:04 AM.
Jager is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06604 seconds with 20 queries