View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2012, 08:01 PM   #1
joe_jeep
welfare wheeler

Send a message via Yahoo to joe_jeep
new trailer but adding some custom touches.

i recently got a new snowmbile/utility trailer. its a thunder, all aluminum, 17ft, single axle, drive on/off, snowmobile trailer. it has a 6ft interior height, its 7ft wide, 12ft box, with a 5 ft v-nose. its a pewter color and matches my wrangler pretty close. its about 1500 lbs empty, with a 3500 lbs gvw. mostly it will be my garage when im camping up north in the summer. i will camp in it once or twice a year, when i camp away from my normal campground. it will also haul my 2 sleds in the winter when some snow actually falls.

i found 2 sleds is a very tight fit in a 17ft trailer. i expected to have more room than this.
next time i load them i will try loading them backwards, i think it will offer me more room.

it getting an el cheapo chip board floor that i can ruin with the sleds.
its cheap and easy to replace when needed. this will be removed for summer.

its getting wood to cover the ramp doors to protect them, it will be removed for summer.

its getting insulated to hold in heat in winter, and keep out heat in the summer

its getting walls put up over the insulation to warm and brighten its appearance.

its getting wiring for more/better interior lighting.

its getting as flip up bar/counter for the front. it has to be able to flip down when space is needed.

Last edited by joe_jeep; March 19th, 2012 at 07:06 PM.
joe_jeep is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05290 seconds with 11 queries