Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Red Barn Customs info
View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2012, 04:26 PM   #1
cerial

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Default Red Barn Customs info

I bought a rig that has split ring wheels. Not really liking the idea of split ring wheels I just figured I would use some adapters and it would be a easy fix to run some normal rims for light trail/road use.

It has a 5 by 6 7/8 bolt pattern and a hub that is just shy of 5" wide. That hub is what is causing the issue. It eliminates all of the 5 bolt patterns out there and most companies look down on the idea of me trying to run a 10 bolt adapter.

That left me to searching for different rims. And after being told over and over that they did not exist I found a military contractor that did make the one piece rims with a little over 200 currently in stock. They are DOT approved, are a direct bolt on, and can handle up to 3000 lbs.
The only issue is the cost. They are $385 plus tax and shipping from Augusta GA. I am looking at close to $2800 to get 5 of these to the door. Not to mention no one makes replacements meaning if I did need another it would be a matter of me grabbing my ankles and paying whatever needed to be paid.

So plan B is this little shop down the road called Red Barn Customs. But, before I give them a call and send them the info I thought I would get some feedback from members on here.

Plan C is to just to run the split ring rims as this is mainly a tow rig anyway. They are cheap and easy enough to replace as long as a lot of care is given and the pressures are watched closely. This would eliminate any chance of airing down though. The only upside is the potential to use run flats.
cerial is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06022 seconds with 20 queries