View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2012, 12:04 PM   #1
BowtieWrangler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default Dana 44 (99 Dodge Ram 1500)

Im wanting to make up setup bearings/races to aid in my gear swap. I ordered the motive gear RA28FLRMK master install kit. I had thought for the most part that on Dana Axles the pinion depth and preload is set by shims between the races and housing. This kit comes with a crush sleeve so obviously that will be my preload setup. Now the part that is confusing me is that for the pinion shims they included kit 1113 which is way to large to go between the pinion and inner bearing. So it should go between the race and housing. Now my question is if this is the case is it ok that the Shims are larger than the inner pinion race? If i lay the race down over the shim there is roughly a 1/16th of an inch or a tiny bit more around the whole circumference of the race, that the shim is larger? Is this okay, i just called motive about it and the guy didn't think that seemed right at first but while on hold he was looking into it and was told that it is ok that the shim is larger and they've sold alot of the kits and have not had any problems.

So, to make my setup bearings/races; I would need 2 carrier bearings and an inner race and thats it in this case?
BowtieWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04837 seconds with 11 queries