Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Neither Skinny Nor Pretty -- DEAK Racing 4517 Ultra 4 Mod Class Rig
View Single Post
Old March 12th, 2012, 12:08 AM   #94
JohnnyJ
Low Range Drifter

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

Pass side front frame link mounts are in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggin-machine View Post
I am thinking about doing this as well. But have a few questions. How does it affect mounting the grill and good? How much does it raise it all if any?
The top of the frame rail is about 1.5 to 1.75 above the stock frame rail, with the 2x3 it gives an extra inch below the frame for clearance. I did a similar setup on the last frame I modified, and by going with a 3/8" poly space in place of the grille snubbers, it sat in about the same place.

Ok, here's my question for the night. Do you think this steering setup with the drag link to a high steer arm on the pass Ford knuckle would break the knuckle, or would it be ok? On my trail rig, we had the hydro ram hooked up kind of like this with the ram going to high steer and a tie rod, and after a year or two I cracked the knuckle.

On this rig there's no plan for hydro assist, and if we add it, it would be tied to the tie rod like in the photo. Is this certain doom for the knuckle?

Last edited by JohnnyJ; March 12th, 2012 at 12:18 AM.
JohnnyJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05629 seconds with 20 queries