Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Axle tube help
Thread: Axle tube help
View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2012, 10:58 PM   #1
SolLess
08' Unlimited JK "X"

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default Axle tube help

Ok, here is my situation. I decided I was ready to upgrade my D30 in my JK. I found a JK Rubicon D44 take out that the owner had sleeved both the inside and outside of the axle tubes. This was part of the selling point to me, as I wanted to have a strength upgrade, but didn't have the money to spend on an aftermarket housing.

Now to my problem. With the inner sleeves, the upgraded 35 spline RCV shafts I bought will not fit into the axle tubes. Is it possible to bore out the axle tubes to make the shafts fit? I'm in southeast Michigan, is there anyone who knows how to do this, or could recommend a place where I could have this done? Hopefully without costing a small fortune!

If it can't be done, or if this is something that will turn out to be expensive, I'll most probably look at trying to sell the empty housing, and scrape up some more money to buy an aftermarket housing, but would like to make this work if possible.

Thanks for any help and advice that everyone on here might be able to give me!

Eric
SolLess is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06064 seconds with 20 queries