View Single Post
Old March 7th, 2012, 11:34 AM   #125
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
If you are poor there are programs that can help you currently without impacting everyone who has private health care. I don't feel sorry for people who can afford cigarettes, hobbies, and other expensive things, but say they cant afford to pay for health insurance. Being responsible for your own life planning is part of being a free person.
I have coworkers who are Canadian who can tell you the horrors of government health care. They take health insurance from our company because they would rather have our system than just being left to die if an issue arises. If I lived in Canada when I had my heart problem I would have probably died. Even a person without health insurance would have been saved in my scenario.
I personally wouldn't vote for Obama. I think that Romney is much better honestly.
Yes, there are programs for the poor.

But what Aber seemed to be suggesting is that it would be undesireable to have a program where everyone can get health care because there aren't enough medical services to go around. I'm just trying to get him to admit that he's talking about rationing health care based on ability to pay for it.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04209 seconds with 11 queries