Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Obama Supporters?
View Single Post
Old March 6th, 2012, 04:27 PM   #64
WSU JK

Location: Lowering the Per-Capita Income of Bloomfield Hills since 2009!
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
Why wouldn't you vote 3rd party then?
Because I don't particularly like any of the third party platforms more than I like the Obama platform.

The closest for me would be the Libertarian party, which I used to associate with rather strongly, but I've changed my views over time and have come to think that we do need a strong social safety net (I know many on here feel otherwise, but that's a different debate altogether) and I just don't think that the private sector would be able to provide it, especially in the short term. I guess the older I get, the more to the left I begin to lean and the more liberal I get in general. Isn't it supposed to be the other way - shouldn't I have been a Democrat until 30 as the saying goes?

And as much as I would like a competitive multiparty system with multiple relevant choices all of whom might have a legitimate shot, and as much as I agree with some of the things those in places like the Green Party might stand for, when it gets down to it, they are more likely to have one or two policies that are so far out on the fringe that I couldn't vote for them either.
WSU JK is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07432 seconds with 20 queries