Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Ford vs Chevy Dana 44 Parts
View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2012, 08:08 AM   #5
Dylan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanTahoe View Post
Im building a similar axle for my Tahoe. (HP Dana 44 with Chevy outer). From what I found, you will have to change out the outer stub shafts for chevy ones. They are different lengths.
Not true about changing them out. Yes they are different lengths. The end of the short ford ones are threaded. You can use a bolt and washer for this.

The way it worked when I did the was I had a few stub shafts and didn't know where they came from. Some were extra long with 2 snap ring locations. Some just had a single snap ring location and was short (i think this was the ford). I ran a few that were long but with only one snap ring location (think these were the chevy ones). You need the outer snap ring location to hold your lockout in. If you had the shaft with 2 snap rings, you used the outer, If you had the shaft with the one and was longer, it works on that one. If you have the shorter shaft with only one, that is when you used the bolt and washer.
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06706 seconds with 20 queries