View Single Post
Old March 2nd, 2012, 06:29 PM   #5
cerial
Senior Member
 
cerial's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-06-08
Location: Caledonia,MI
Posts: 1,667
iTrader: (3)
Sounds like your temporary ground wire came off and the "glowing" was a small gage secondary ground that was being used as a ground. I have seen people toast them before. Usually they burn out pretty quick and usually during cranking but if you started it and were running the heater, lights and such with only a small secondary ground as a main one it could cause it to heat up and burn out.

Check your connections. If you know it is a ground replace the battery cables with new ones.
Go through everything that is in the starting circuit under the hood starter, relays, fuses, engine ground, battery ground check that everything is tight.
cerial is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Page generated in 0.03448 seconds with 11 queries