Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - FJ40 getting some much needed up-grades!
View Single Post
Old March 2nd, 2012, 10:10 AM   #24
mybluetoy
4-wheel 4-life

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akozman View Post
nice work, seems a few 40's are gonig under the knife. Nice to see something different.
Thanks akozman, wasn't my initial intention when I first bought it, but my brother and some friends left the pavement and went way extreme with their rides, so I need to be able to keep up. Toyota engineering is great for the road, but off road, need a combo of Toy, GM, Dodge, and some trial and error.(No ford parts yet )

Spring break is here, still waiting on parts though. Hopefully they'll be here before its half over. Anyway I'm getting some front GM dana 60 hubs today, then going to build my truss for both axles, then mock up and cut rear quarters out, then maybe cut front back to grill off, turn hubs down, weld lug holes and re-drill for 6 lug pattern. Goal is all done by Tuesday and hope my heims and brackets are here. Want to get as much done while on break.

Going to leaf the rear and link the front. After reading countless build threads on I8mud and pirate4x4 and weighting it all, I found that those who question don't try and those who are questioned find away.
Will post pics as things get done.
mybluetoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06669 seconds with 20 queries