Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Ford 6.0 Diesel Techs.
View Single Post
Old March 1st, 2012, 08:03 PM   #8
Nuggets
I fix stuff!

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by special k View Post
as far as just r&r on the injectors, they can be done without removing the cab, just need to remove the valve covers. drivers side degas bottle, FICM, and intake must be removed, pass side, the GPCM(glow plug module) and trans dipstick tube. valve cover gaskets can be reused, as long as they're not leaking. what type of concern exactly are you addressing on this? hard cold start, no start. stalls hot, low ICP(injector control pressure)? the 03's and early 04's had problems with injector tops breaking if it's a no start/stalls when hot concern, also leaking icp sensor, oil seeping into pigtail and shorting. either way, they're pretty simple to work on once the above listed times are out of the way. let me know what the concern is and i can head you in a direction
The R&R time is about 10 hours. Others have told me they needed to remove the cab to access the #7 and #8 injectors. I've been avoiding these buckets of crap for years but I have a commercial customer that has asked me about doing it.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05815 seconds with 20 queries