Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - My YJ
Thread: My YJ
View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2012, 11:14 PM   #23
OhioYJ

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeperd2 View Post
How did you do the steering? I'm doing soa but with the Dana 30 under it and 4"lift springs.
I originally ordered a TeraFlex knuckle for my Dana 30. However it ended up on back order, so I temporarily bent the drag link just barely to clear the leaf springs. It didn't need much. By the time the TeraFlex knuckle had come in, I had already swapped in a Dana44 with flat top knuckles and "real" high steer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep ZJ View Post
ive been trying to figure out the mod for ever! so was it bolt right on? except the pos cable. and did you have to switch pullys? upgrade the wiring??
Thanks. This should answer your questions about the alternator. You can run the pulley that comes with it, however I suggest you switch and put your stock YJ one on. The YJ pulley is smaller and thus it will spin faster producing both more power and sooner. To be honest upgrading the wiring has been on the list of things to do, but I never actually did it. It's been on there for years with the factory wiring. Peak output measured with my amp probe, while placing a load on the system was 174 amps, so I'm happy with it.
OhioYJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.26353 seconds with 20 queries