Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Tracker or Sportage?
View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2012, 01:13 PM   #3
A4X4SPIT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I dont know much about kias do they have a full frame? the tracker does
I dont really like the 2.0 tracker engine either but if they are well maintained they do the trick. I drove my 99 tracker for more than a year after replacing a couple bent valves & a timing chain before modifying it .
So anyway I have a 99 tracker that Ive put a 4.3 chevy v-6 700r4 trans samuai transfer case & a samurai ft axle I used leaf springs for simplicity in the front susp. the99+ tracker has rack & pinion steering so you have to add a steering box and that requires modifying the frame to clear & hold a steering box the engine & trans swap was fairly simple until I got to small details like a speedometer the original was electronic drive (no cable) so I got a spedo from a older car & removed the factory cluster then I didnt have a fuel guage and you cant get one that operates on the same ohm scale as the stock fuel guage .
Im sure there are lots of other issues with both rigs and a desiel swap but thats part of the fun of building

Last edited by A4X4SPIT; February 25th, 2012 at 01:16 PM.
A4X4SPIT is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05294 seconds with 20 queries