Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - End of life decisions
View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2012, 04:13 PM   #5
GreaseMonkey

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBiz View Post

I believe that's what everybody says, but when God doesn't "allow" your body to give out, you don't have much of a choice.
Not trying to be an insensitive prick here, but it is modern medicine keeping him alive not God.

My Grandmother had vascular dementia. Damn near in the exact same spot as your Grandpa is in. In the end she the disease literally made her forget how to swallow. She had fallen out of her wheelchair and broken her arm which wasn't healing. My Dad could have kept her alive with an IV, but at that point she didn't know who anyone was anymore and tube feeding her just would have drawn out her painful end.

Either way you cut it, whether it's 4-5 weeks or 4-5 years, he's still going to die from starvation, dehydration, etc. It will be painful either way. It's just whether you and your family feel it's necessary to let him continue to deteriorate for 4-5 years or let nature take it's course.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06817 seconds with 20 queries