View Single Post
Old February 19th, 2012, 10:49 AM   #49
nosights

I have been slammed at work so I have had very little time to work on this project. Time for some late nights

I picked up 4 Durango leaf springs a week or so ago and was wanting to use 4 identical springs for obvious reasons. At 1,800# ea and with a 24x32 measurment with 7.5" of free arch they have great stats! BUT, the arch is pretty much all in the rear (32") part of the spring...I knew this ahead of time but this arch is just not gonna work for the front without more effort than it is worth. Soooo, I am using some Dodge 1/2 ton springs for the front that I had laying around (24x28). Seeing as my u-bolt supplier screwed up my order on the 5/8" U-Bolts (gave me the wrong diameter even after I double checked my order with them...I won't have any for the rear until tomorrow.

I did get the front fixed end of the springs tacked in place after re-inforcing the frame (full reinforcment will come later, just doing what I need to as I go...then I will dissasemble and reinforce later.)

Gotta love those rusty rockers...those will be cut off down the road anyway! Thinking I will wheel this for a while, find another body down the road and redo the build with the newly learned mods at that time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF3552.JPG
Views:	341
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	89373  
nosights is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.03964 seconds with 12 queries