Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Ford 6.0 Diesel Techs.
View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2012, 12:18 PM   #5
Nuggets
I fix stuff!

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis13 View Post
03.5-04.5 will be a little different than 04.5 up. If the ICP is on the front passenger side valve cover then you have the 04.5 and up. This will have the updated wavy high pressure oil rails.

I'm not a tech by any means but i've been in there a few times.
Injectors are pretty easy to get to. Driver side will require pulling the degas bottle and ficm, passenger side will not require much more than just pulling the valve cover. You can probably get away without replacing the cover gaskets.

You do have to be extremely careful with the seals with the injector R&R and should probably replace the standpipes and dummy plugs if they have not been replaced before, the newer ones have a teflon o ring to help keep them from leaking. I'm sure others can chime in with the real technical details.

Are you sure the injectors themselves are bad. Low voltages can cause a lot of issues. If in fact the injectors are bad you will want to check voltage so that you don't cause the same issues again.
I am encouraging the customer to let me diagnose it so I can fix the problem verses whipping multi-thousands of dollars at it and crossing my fingers.

As far as voltage at the injectors, how should I check them? DVOM or is an ocilliscope required?
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06193 seconds with 20 queries