Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 1941 MB Slatty/ Project Slat Nasty
View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2012, 04:46 AM   #40
BeaverTown
Cuck Fancer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to BeaverTown

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadey View Post
This thing reminded me of your project for some reason,

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...et+legal+buggy

Hopefully it will persuade you away from leafs

And for the motor question I like the turbo 4 you were talking about. But whatever you choose don't go to crazy on the hp, or you'll be back to a 60 and 14bolt just keep parts from flying.
That is an awesome build... just read that instead of working. I won't have quite that much tube but the idea is the same.

After doing some more thinking, I'm already looking in to linking it. I'd probably want to do it eventually anyway so I might as well do it from the get go. I'm going to shoot for a 90" wheelbase. I don't like the comp cut but I'm not going to get into stretching the tub since I want to be able to run a top.

The motor is going to be a 4.3. I found one out of a 93 S10 with all the accesories and computer for a smokin deal so I'll be picking that up Sunday. It's not ground breaking or all that cool but I think it's the most cost effective option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadey View Post
Oh and let me know if you need a hand wrenching on the heep
That I will.

First Item of business is going to be getting the drivetrain squared away. The engine, tranny, and t-case (once I find one) will be rebuilt first. Then I think axles are going to change once again. I'm thinking early bronco width Jana 54's front and rear. I already have two high pinion 44's, then I'd be radius arms in the front similar to your setup. I think either 12-14" travel air shocks or coilovers all around will work. I've also got a 9" I could use out back but I don't like the ultra low pinion.

I will have a 700R4 (I think) 2wd tranny as well as a T90/Dana 18 combo(with a Buick V6 bellhousing, both need rebuilt) for sale or trade soon, if anyone is interested.

Last edited by BeaverTown; February 18th, 2012 at 05:02 AM.
BeaverTown is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07501 seconds with 20 queries