View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2012, 10:23 AM   #9
1x1_Speed_Craig
Simplify...

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Thanks guys. I rebuilt a '57 Chevy Bel Air with my dad (4-year project), and that was my car my Senior year of high school. Unfortunately, I couldn't afford to both keep the car and pay for college, so I sold it back to him in '89. It was a great father/son experience, though.

I appreciate what I learned building the car with him. Neither of us were "car experts" by any stretch, but we learned as we went, and scrounged creatively for parts. I'm hoping to expose my girls to the same kind of problem-solving situations with these projects.

A complete used LJ would never be in our budget, so we'll piece one together. I absolutely love mine, and will love it even more once it's mobile again. Mine will be going into RockSolid Performance soon for an express-lane style reassembly, and then we can get working on Mira's XJ again. In the meantime, keep Maeve in mind if you happen across TJ/LJ-related parts that we may be interested in (PM me leads on decent deals, if you would). We need...well...pretty much everything.

Craig
1x1_Speed_Craig is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04358 seconds with 11 queries