Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - My Bronco has a short somewhere
View Single Post
Old February 1st, 2012, 12:13 PM   #1
The Kaiser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default My Bronco has a short somewhere

So, last week my fuel gauge jumped up way past full while driving. It had just dropped below half a tank and when I checked next, it was way past full. I know that this means there's a short somewhere in the fuel sending unit, but the truck drove just fine until last night. I left work and noticed that my ammeter was way below where it should be. If left running for a minute or two, it would come u to the center of the dial, but if I turned on an accessory (lights, heater, etc) the gauge would drop way down again. So I know I have a huge power draw somewhere in my truck, regardless if the ignition is on or not. This morning I tried to turn my truck on and it just went "clikclikclikclik." I pulled the battery cables off to prevent my battery from being permanently killed and the positive cable was sparking as I took it off. I got 12.6 volts from the battery unhooked from the truck last night. Ideas?
The Kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06286 seconds with 20 queries