Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - What has the republican party done for you?
View Single Post
Old February 1st, 2012, 11:47 AM   #65
RyeBread
Catch the wave

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
One thing I have learned is that bruce will take the far end of an argument, regardless of his actual feelings just for the sake of arguing, which means you have to counter with a more extreme view of your own to meet at the middle ground....oh, sorta like the dems and reps in our own governemnt....weird....now I wonder what kind of people are really the problem?

I do too. Damn. Got me wondering too now

I personally have a good family friend that sold his business, kept his name, and his son's name as account managers with the new firm, in part because of State and Federal regulation. Don only kept his name involved to keep his son employed. Don is very well off, with a 3,000 sq ft home in Canadian Lakes, some 80 acres of hunting property in Mecosta County, a 5,000 sq ft house in Venice Florida, a couple of office buildings fully leased in Brighton and a place in Aspen.

He was in business for some 30 years, and could have maintained/grown it. The risk vs. reward simply is not there, regardless of how low taxes are, or how good incentives are.

He has his office buildings still, and if the Fed ever reaches sanity and stability I could see him restarting a business and employing people again. In the mean time, in his late 50s it's a lot less stressful to golf his brains out, and keep the lawn service folks, and valet's employed.

Atlas shrugged indeed.
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06096 seconds with 20 queries