View Single Post
Old February 1st, 2012, 08:34 AM   #48
osteologation
Everyday I'm Shufflin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
While my posts may seem to contradict the idea of a flat tax, it doesn't mean I give a shit about the affect a flat tax will have on those who don't make as much money. I find myself for the first time in 5 years getting a decent tax return this year. Apparently I fucked up on my w4 and put in too much money.

I make more than the 50k household average, I make far less than the "200k isn't all that much money 2%er's out there). A flat tax of whatever percentage would seem very fair to someone like myself who sees (look at previous post) friends who are single moms getting back more then they put in, you know who's leaching off the system and still getting nice returns, etc.

If everyone put in an even percentage, or the tax code made more sense to those who don't have a PHd in bullshittery, class divide may not seem quite as bad.

sure, it may give an advantage to those who make more, but if everyone put in 10% or 20% or 30% at least we all would know everyone is putting in a fair share of what they make.
So say someone who lives borderline but within their means goes from an effective -20%, like your friend, to 10%. Would you still limit their welfare? Because that 30% shift in tax rate pushed them into needing welfare. But since they are paying their fair share they should be able to use it. Purely hypothetical question.
osteologation is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04536 seconds with 11 queries