Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - ls engine oiling question
View Single Post
Old January 31st, 2012, 04:35 PM   #1
joescamaro67

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default ls engine oiling question

So my shakedown run at snofari went pretty good other than a few small things and one fairly large thing. My driveshaft is way to close to my oil filter. So when i got back i started looking int remote filter options.The problem is they are all using an adapter that is in the stock filter location.With the way my exaust is ran and the driveshaft issue I have a thought but not sure if its a good one or a bad one so here it is. I am thinking of machining a dummy filter that just alows oil to flow through where the filter should be then buy or build an adapter where the oil cooler lines would normally go and run a remote filter off those two ports Ones a feed and ones a return. Looking at the oil scematics of the engine I think its my best bet for the most clearance but what do you guys think. Looks like the oil leaves the filter and goes directly to the cooler ports so is it gonna work the same just in a diffrent spot?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0184_400.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	88618   Click image for larger version

Name:	engine oil diagram.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	88619  
joescamaro67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05697 seconds with 21 queries