Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 1941 MB Slatty/ Project Slat Nasty
View Single Post
Old January 30th, 2012, 11:09 PM   #37
BeaverTown
Cuck Fancer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to BeaverTown

After taking the big ZJ out on SnoFari it became apparent that I would really like something more streetable and with an open top. I'm going to be bringing this project out of the mothballs in the next few months. The plan remains about the same. This post is just to get me thinking about this and motivate me to get it started again.

The biggest thing is going to be finding a new body. The old one is just to shot, although I will be using some of it as armor and as the mock up body till I can find a new one. I'm going to do a highline and move the rear wheel wells up (a la Mieser's build on Pirate, a definite must read if you are a flattie fan). I'm still tring to find the right leaves to put under it, I've narrowed it down to 1.5" Rusty's Off Road, 2" BDS, or Trail-Gear Yota 3" springs. I'm not sure on SOA or SUA yet either. 37" Pit Bull Rocker radials will be the tire of choice.

I'm still kinda up in the air about the engine as well. I have an SM-420 and would like to adapt it to either a 4.3, 5.3, or a 2.5 Jeep 4-banger. A supercharged 3.8 would be another option, but I doubt that I'll go that route. Any opinions on this would be appreciated.

Axles will be yota's still and the transfer case may change to a stak mini monster 3 speed if I can swing it when the time comes, other wise I'll be sticking to the 300.
BeaverTown is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07846 seconds with 20 queries