View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2012, 11:15 PM   #22
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Actually he was making a point about from his observation from what he has seen how talk, and people that actually listen to what and how the work. I can say your a liberal but I can't prove it. But your words speak volumes.
Yes, since it can not be proven, it is not fact, it is opinion.
Quote:
did you know that the top 1% of wage earners pay roughly 45% of the taxes collected in this country.
Did you know that the top 1% of wage earners make roughly 20% of the income? Did you know that the wealthiest 1% controls nearly 40% of the wealth in this country?

Quote:
As for SS tax is that the payroll tax you are talking about?
If so Obama wants to push for a short term reduction and wanted to do a 1 year reduction.
Yes. I don't know who started calling it a payroll tax. My W2 labeled it "Social Security Tax". And you got it dead wrong about Obama on this one. Obama wanted it for the full year. The in the Senate would only give him 2 months. This is how the Senate has operated all year, don't solve the problem now, just kick it further down the road.

Quote:
Eliminating or reduceing estate and capital gains also effect the middle class not only the rich.
Only for those middle class people how have large estates or capital gains. Most don't.
Quote:
This administration is so reckless with this country's money that they have NOT passed a budget in more than999 days. That is something you cannot blame on Bush.
The administration doesn't pass budgets, they propose them. It's Congresses job to pass them.
Quote:
To lower taxes and give tax breaks give people more money to spend which would help get the economy going in a upward direction not in the way they have been going for the last 3 years.
Tax rates are near historic lows right now, so the economy should be booming based on that theory. There seems to be little evidence that that theory works.
Quote:
We do have debt which Obama has created. He has spent more money($15.3 Trillion) than all presidents combines, from washington to bush. And he is wanting to ask congress for another trillon and to raise the debt ceiling again. We now owe more that what this country make in a year. Thats good finacial planning, right?
No, it's horrible planning. And it was horrible when Reagan, Sr. Bush and Jr. Bush did it.
Quote:
His way to payoff the rich that put him in office.
Besides the rich do not have enough money to put a dent in what this president has spent.
Wait, I thought he wanted to raise the taxes on the rich?
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07200 seconds with 11 queries