Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Is a CRF 450 more bike then a newbie would need?
View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2012, 01:52 PM   #18
Beast
Been there, Done that!

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Take it from someone who has owned and raced just about everything out there, including several years on the GNCC series. Go with the 450. Add a flywheel weight and the thing will be an excelent trail rig. On the current CRF450 I've been riding, you can leave the thing in 3 rd gear most of the day and lug it trough the corners like a tractor, yet open it up and skip across the sand whoops with a quick blip of the throttle. You hit an open section and it's nice to be able to grab another gear and leave your buddies in the dust. I find that when I'm on a 250F I'm all over the gear shifter and hard on the clutch trying to make power out of the thing. Each time I end up back on a 450F because the low end power and torque. If you are interested, I have a super clean 03' CRF450 all set up for trail that I'm getting reeady to sell. Once spring hits I plan on bringing it into the new shop, David Allen Racing Motorsports (the old Powers Motorsports) and it will sell fast. PM me if you are interested.
Beast is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05456 seconds with 20 queries