Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Pushing the Dana 44 TTB
View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2012, 09:49 AM   #5
FORD FLARESIDE
Someday, yeah Someday

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote Red View Post
Thanks, I have read through the FAQs numerous times and have not quite found what I am looking for. It is a fantastic write up about the ranger/bronco II ttb and I am sure I will be applying some of the concepts to my full size build.

The numbers are very hard to find indeed, I have been searching for about two months. In that time I have found some good reads but nothing to the extent I was looking for. If you don't mind me asking what is your set up like? What have you tried and found works and doesn't work? Now, when you said that you found a pivot point to be moving under load what paint were you talking about?
Under load the factory bushing was compressing too much and was creating havoc with the long side axle.........I had the distance from pivot to hub, just a little farther then the stock axle could safely move. I too, am trying to use stock axles.

When I was researching, everybody kept telling me to do a "cut and turn", but "Nobody" had any numbers other then one person from my club who had found some information for his ranger.

I ended up cutting the front end of a donor truck off and mounting the front sub to my barn wall so I could cycle the Twin Tortion beams through full movement. I've gone through 4 sets of beams now. I'm not quite ready to release travel numbers yet, like I said earlier, I don't want to give the information out until I get it right.
FORD FLARESIDE is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.09720 seconds with 20 queries