Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 2000 chevy zr2 s-10
View Single Post
Old January 19th, 2012, 09:16 PM   #3
Medic8
You call, we haul.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak450r View Post
just about every electrical circuit in a vehicle i can think of is switched power not switched ground. so yes your headlights are switched power. there are very few switched ground circuits in a vehicle, mainly because if the circuit is hot all the time, and something causes a short you could end up with a fire very easily if the circuit isn't fused in the right place.
Actually... wrong. A good majority of the time, if something is controlled by the PCM, it's switched by ground, not by power. Examples would be your fuel injectors. One pin is VPWR which is a constant 12v, and the SIG line, which is routed to the PCM and is a controlled ground side. I realize the headlight switch isn't controlled by the PCM, but I was just using that as an example.

ANYWAYS, topic-at-hand; I'm assuming you're looking for a wig-wag relay setup for your ZR2 or some sort of headlight flasher? It's not a direct wire, but yours is ground side switched.

http://www.galls.com/documents/S-10J...zer_Sonoma.pdf

That has the wiring diagram.
Medic8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07852 seconds with 20 queries