View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2012, 04:46 PM   #14
mybluetoy
4-wheel 4-life

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevotass View Post
cool idea with offset 14 bolt
Thanks, I kept dreading the thought of being so wide.

After narrowing the 14 bolt with success, I will be attempting the Dana 60 this coming weekend. Not sure how much I will take out of that axle, with the rear at 61" I was think of taking 5" out of the front to put it at 62.5". Guys have told me that you don't want to run your same tracks and others say you do, any thoughts on this?

I will also be filling in two of the 8 lugs on my hubs and re-drilling to make my hubs 6 lug so I can run my aluminum rims, really like them a lot. I will machine the hubs down a bit, so the rims will fit. This can be done on the front Dana 60 as well as the 14 bolt rear. I will have to have the outer part of the 14 bolt shaft machined down too. The same for the drive flange in the front. Along with this will require a smaller head on the axle bolts and the drive flange bolts. Hoping this is all done by the end of the month. The only down side I see is having a custom axle shaft made for the long side of the Dana 60, looking to go to Rock solid to have that done, most likely two made so I have a spare. Will post more after said above is complete.

Has anyone machine downed the hubs like I am planning, if so any problems, looking for some insight.
mybluetoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04709 seconds with 11 queries