Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - F150 SAS Truggy
Thread: F150 SAS Truggy
View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2012, 08:34 PM   #70
jeepxj2007

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jeepxj2007

i like the idea of that brace...i'll probably throw that in there this week...not a whole lot got done this weekend because we went to rocks and valleys with a group...i did however get the truck sitting on its own weight without my custom wooden jackstand in the middle... Thanks to JPRJeremy for the deal on the 4" TJ Coils and it happened to work out perfect last week because we were working nearby eachother so I could get them at lunch. Here is a pic of her with the coils in...it is actually pretty stiff in the rear....i'm really glad i didn't go with xj coils now....I do have the coil retainers they were just painted and drying though....

Also on a side note..whats the best way to mount shocks? Completely upright (90 degrees to frame) or angled? probably the furthest out on the axle from center correct? I will be limited though because i dont want to put them outboard of the frame where they could be damaged...also does it matter if they are on the 12 oclock position of the axle tube or 3 or 9? Ive seen it almost everyway imaginable so i am probably overthinking it but just curious if one way is better than another....
jeepxj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.23424 seconds with 20 queries