Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 97 chevy cummins swap
View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2012, 09:48 PM   #106
sbcrichie
R&R Fabwerks

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

It seems to run pretty good. I havent really done anything to it since i started driving it a month or two ago. It is over geared with 4.10 and stock dia tires, i had the cruise set at 70 on the highway for about a couple of hours 2500 rpm the whole time. The gearing is nice for towing though since i really dont tow over 65 anyways but would have better economy with different gearing. I would like to find an old brownie box to put behind the tcase then i would have more gearing options and still keep the low gearing for towing. The stock turbo doesnt like how i have the pump fueling now so i worked out a deal with a diesel shop too build me a hybrid turbo out of used parts in trade for the cummins trans that came with the motor. The custom shifter i made was noisy as hell so i drilled a hole and filled it full of silicone and that quieted it right down. I did also have to put a new ignition switch in it too.

list of things to do when i have time

locate and fix power steering leak (i think the steering box)
all new brakes on front
put fan back on ( yes i have been driving it with no fan on the motor, cools quite easily)
some suspension work, prob not air bags tired of working on it for now
install the pyro and boost gauges

Last edited by sbcrichie; January 11th, 2012 at 09:54 PM.
sbcrichie is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06364 seconds with 20 queries