Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Bad a$$ 1 ton YJ, stretched, stickies etc
View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2012, 09:29 AM   #18
ScOoTeR
hoo dat. wat.

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
It's not a TJ, it's a YJ. But what is it really? Is it really a CJ with a YJ tub and clip? This makes more sense, since this is really how it is titled and it has a D300 case. So, your starting point is not a $10K TJ, but rather a $3K CJ that you only kept the frame and t-case. Which brings up the next question, what frame does it have? YJ frames are much stiffer than CJ frames, but by now, most of them have a lot of rot in them. It looks like the frame may have been tubed in the back. It's a 4.0 but what vintage? Newer EFI or carb'd?

Having said all that, it's a nice rig, and looks well built. There is close to the asking price in parts but not much more, depending on if the OP did the build or paid for all the cage/tube work and other labor.
I see your point Jim, however, if someone were to start out to build an awesome rig, why would they go the route of finding rustfree CJ/YJ stuff to make a foundation? I threw "TJ & $10K" out there because if I were to start a build, that's probably what my foundation would be.

I was just offering my opinion to someone bashing the price the seller is asking. I mean, if we're not in agreement on price, aren't we supposed to STFU and keep $$$ comments out of for sale threads?

Page generated in 0.05949 seconds with 20 queries