Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Random Thoughts
Thread: Random Thoughts
View Single Post
Old January 6th, 2012, 12:47 PM   #720
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to 89Laredo

Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
1. Since cyclists ride the same direction as traffic, HOW IN THE fukc ARE THEY SUPPOSED TO KNOW YOU'RE HAULING A 10K TRAILER?
2. Smoke =! power
3. Hicks that like to turn up the fuel and make smoke are now the public's #1 negative association with diesels, the accelerated emissions standards for particulates AND the reluctance of OEM's putting smaller diesels in 1/2 ton trucks.

Just saying - you have some strange logic going on there.
1: If they cant hear a 7.3 at 2500+rpm downshifting behind them, they must be deaf. The trailer bounced around and was pretty loud too.
2: I know smoke does not equal power
3:The trucks were stock, a 96 and a 97. No chips or anything like that. Only reason they smoked was elevation change, it wasnt nearly as much as the video.

I only smoked people on two occasions, and I feel they both deserved it.
One guy was riding down the middle of the lane, I honked the horn a couple times and he wouldnt get over, I had 5 people behind me, when I finally got to pass he got a little smoke.
Other guy was at the bottom of a hill in the middle of the lane, Powerjoke doesnt slow down too good with 10k behind it and no trailer brakes. He got a little when I passed too.
89Laredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.08712 seconds with 20 queries