Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Never Enough.....SAS blaZeR2
View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2012, 10:01 PM   #204
wadey
┌∩┐(Ú_ů)┌∩┐

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

So.....

My rear leafs are shot and are allowing bad axle wrap, even on the street. All the wrap has killed my drive shaft, the ears were smashed over the ujoint caps and chipped when I pressed the joint out. I put the new joint in and welded it into place to make it hold. That being said I have 2 weeks to find a replacement before a Snofari.

I have been thinking about doing a hack and tap and running some type of double cardan ds. I'm not sure if this is possible or not. I also haven't been able to find a lot of info on np233 sye. Is there one or does a np231 sye work on the np233?

Iíve also been thinking about a slightly longer shaft that fits my slip yoke, maybe a truck shaft? Only reason for being longer is to compensate for the extra shaft I have exposed from the lift.

As for the leafs I have no idea where to even start. I like the flex the stock pack provided but it obviously they didnít hold up. I would like to find a set I can use the stock hangers with. I would also be interested in a set that provides about an inch more lift over a stock pack.

I have lots of ideas, but little time to decide on my options. Any suggestions?
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05449 seconds with 20 queries