Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - F150 SAS Truggy
Thread: F150 SAS Truggy
View Single Post
Old January 4th, 2012, 12:24 PM   #64
4Bangler
Jackstand Wheeler

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OL RED View Post
1/2ton and 3/4 ton chevy run the same caliper brackets, so youll be all set running those. chevy is a single piston caliper for the year of d44 axle your ripped those parts from. you should be able to run either ford of chevy 8 lug hubs on those chevy spindles, as i have done it. the axle shimming was mostly from putting longer+taller leafs in the jeep. my truck runs them front and back. theyre there to help with pinion angle and camber so itll ride nicer, and not to do with the difference between chevy hubs on ford d44 or vice versa. ill check my shelves i may have some spare parts for ya.
Wrong, 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton Chevy/Jeep use the same CALIPERS but not the same mount, the 3/4 ton caliper mount has a shallower dish to it to allow for the different hub offset and rotor hat depth.

As for the shims behind the spindles...I have run across a few here and there on axles I have disassembled, mainly to correct for a slightly bent housing, but some knuckles do have a different ball-joint axis angle measured from the spindle mounting face. I usually correct for this when I reweld the housing end yokes, but the shims are an easy way to do it if you're not narrowing or rotating your axle.

Page generated in 0.06315 seconds with 20 queries