Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Michigan Jeep Girl Build
View Single Post
Old December 21st, 2011, 11:07 PM   #305
jeepers48

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristavsmichigan View Post
Nice. Right now I called Smitty ( ray ) and asked for a refund because I don't want to deal with their bumpers anymore. He said the only thing he can do is send me a new bumper and i can sell it. which is nice but you can never make back your money that way. I told him it was around 350$ and no one around here will pay 350$ for that bumper. He did have a point that the actual company I bought from warnity could be up and they could hassle me and want me to pay to ship mine back and restocking.. I asked If I could atleast upgrade to my model with the d rings because I have a better chance to sell that. ( in my head at that moment a vision took place of someone trying to pull someone out and the d rings breaking off) After nice talk about some stuff he agreed and is shipping it out and checking the welds.
Curious what place you bought your bumper from?
Ive only bought one thing made by Smitty so far and returned it for a refund which was theyre replacement soft top for my sons TJ.
I ordered one thru 4 wheel hardware in Ohio. The zippers were poor quality and I ended up foobearing the back window zip. My first call was to Smitty to resolve the issue, I asked for another back window and offered to send them some pics to show how the zippers werent lining up properly. His process seemed like things were just going to drag out. So after I got off the phone with him(I dont know who I talked to) I called up 4 wheel hardwhare told them what happened and they told me I wasnt the only one having problems with the replacement top. They told me they would send me a return UPS label and just send it back for a complete refund. At that point I ordered the Best top replacement top and had no more zipper problems, top fit great.
My point being the next time you get something from Smitty, see if the place you bought it from will either do the return/refund or an exchange if it isnt whats it cracked up to be..
jeepers48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07703 seconds with 20 queries