Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Project Jimmycon (full width tons jk) REAL Cost!!
View Single Post
Old December 19th, 2011, 10:20 PM   #1
indy

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default Project Jimmycon (full width tons jk) REAL Cost!!

My Jk started life as a 2010 Mountain package Unlimited. Before I signed on the line I upon test drive I had already taken it through a rather large ditch, I decided I liked it so I bought it! The ORV sticker went on it first then the plate. It was purchased in Houghton lake where it was easy to drive back to our cabin through the woods (St. Helens.)
After having rigs in the past with gears and lockers I relized quickly that I should have just bought a Rubi and been done... Right.... Wrong!! It came with the typical d44/30 setup with 3:73 gears. !!k miles on it I had lifted it and put 35" KM2s on it which leads me to now! After pricing how I wanted to setup a Rubi 44 and getting sticker shock at the 4500 bucks I was getting ready to soak into a thin tubed 44 I WOKE up!! I then called Currie and Dynatrac for prices on there 60s, Wrong not an option for this blue collar worker!
I ended up buying Bustabizz's fullwidth 79 Dana 60s. The front is setup with 5:13 gears, ARB, Alloy 35 spline inner/outers CTM joints and Solid knuckles and spindles. The rear is setup with a 35 spline spool, Which will get switched with an ARB ,5:13 gears, disc brakes, and Alloy FF axle shafts. Clearly this is alot of axle for a daily driver, but if I've learned one thing in my past 20 years of building is that this is expensive to do once, but twice as bad to build it twice! Wheels will be Diamond racing 16x10 5.5 backspace with Stauns. The tires will be 38x14.50x16 Toyo mt, not geeked about this (its still my wifes DD!) So I'm keeping the tires resonable! As far as lift goes I currently have a standard duty Rubicon Express 3.5" lift. My thoughts were to keep the stock control arms to keep it a little more road friendly, but quickly realized that I may want a bit more adjustability, so today I orderd the Rubicon Long Arm upgrade to add to my lift! The fun stuff CNC cutting brake! Thats all my wife wants!
As it sits the rear axle is tacked up, and waiting for sandblasting, the front well thats another story we'll say its stripped and ready for sandblasting!
Stay tuned for current updates, finish date is Snofari 2012!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0186[1].jpg
Views:	957
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	87011   Click image for larger version

Name:	d 60 front brakets cutoff.jpg
Views:	929
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	87012   Click image for larger version

Name:	rear 60 brackets cutoff.jpg
Views:	929
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	87013   Click image for larger version

Name:	total bracket tack.jpg
Views:	920
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	87014  

Last edited by indy; February 24th, 2012 at 06:49 AM.
indy is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07481 seconds with 21 queries